When a Game Master repeatedly uses a character's weaknesses to reduce them to uselessness. We discuss whether it's a fair tactic or just a quick way to wreck that player's fun.
* (1:10) Congratulating Julia on getting married...
Most Recent Post
With a repaired internet connection, we try again at getting John on an episode! After talking about the social difficulties of constraining group size (or removing problem players), we dig into making characters during the course of a game. Since many people are either burnt out on character creation or just don’t understand their character until they’ve played him/her, there can be an advantage to starting out with very little and building both the personality and stats during play.
* (1:33) Keeping the group small and select. The value of exclusivity. The Geek Social Fallacies.
* (13:01) Why it’s so much harder to remove someone from an RPG group that most other social engagements.
* (22:52) Playing with the skeleton of a character and developing him/her during the course of the game.
* (29:25) How skeleton characters relate to the principles of the group template.
Hosts: Dan, John, Pat, Wayne