Most Recent Post
When a Game Master repeatedly uses a character’s weaknesses to reduce them to uselessness. We discuss whether it’s a fair tactic or just a quick way to wreck that player’s fun.
* (1:10) Congratulating Julia on getting married.
* (2:48) A reminder about Fear the Boot’s Twitch channel.
* (4:20) Save or suck: when failing a roll takes away your control of the character (e.g. sleep spells). Other situations when a character can be reduced to irrelevance.
* (16:23) The critical differences between being ineffective and being incapacitated.
* (21:39) Ironically, John gets robbed of his contribution to the episode by a crashed internet connection.
* (22:32) The double-standard when players lock down the GM’s NPCs.
* (30:44) How much of this comes from being unable to read the players.
Hosts: Chad, Dan, John, Wayne