Most Recent Post
* (0:31) Why Dan is all alone.
* (5:48) The Third XCOM Saga is underway. We’ve also made some changes to the site to make it easier for users to find the content they want.
* (7:58) At 5:00pm Central on September 6th, Fear the Boot will be doing a meet-and-greet with Golbinworks for Pathfinder Online. The game feed and voice chat will be on their Twitch channel. We should have the game codes to give away very soon!
* (10:10) The first annual RPG Podcast Awards. Winning shows include Numenera: The Signal (Best New RPG Podcast), RPPR Actual Play (Best RPG Actual Play Podcast), All Games Considered (Best RPG Industry News Podcast), and Fear the Boot (Best RPG Advice Podcast).
* (12:08) Word wanking and the unique nuance of jargon within micro-cultures.
* (14:00) How games model characters mathematically. The balance between abstraction and specificity.
* (20:17) The role of rules in describing a character’s uniqueness and relationship to the game world.
* (25:08) Three questions for determining the right level of specificity for stats.
Last 5 Posts
When a Game Master repeatedly uses a character's weaknesses to reduce them to uselessness. We discuss whether it's a fair tactic or just a quick way to wreck that player's fun.
* (1:10) Congratulating Julia on getting married...